Community Scholarship Application
SYNChronicity 2021 will be a virtual conference held online on September 21 – 22. HealthHIV, HealthHCV, and the National Coalition for LGBT Health are committed to promoting and advancing HIV, HCV, STI, and LGBTQ Health and making the SYNC Conference as accessible as possible, especially during these challenging times. As we have done in years past, we will be offering registration scholarships (valued at $90) to participate in the SYNC 2021 conference. Registration for the virtual conference includes full access to all sessions (including post conference on-demand access and follow-up materials), the virtual poster hall, and the networking lounge.
SYNC 2021 scholarships are limited and designed for those who do not have the financial resources to register for the conference. These scholarships are available to those who can demonstrate need and especially individuals experiencing undue hardship because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Those who have lost their job or have had their hours decreased due to the pandemic are encouraged to apply. Federal employees do not qualify for SYNC 2021 scholarships.
Requirements of Recipients
SYNC 2021 Virtual Conference scholarship recipients must:
- Promote the conference through their respective networks and social media platforms. All promotional activity must be documented.
- Participate in pre, during and post-conference promotions such as video messaging, photos, testimonials, social media banner ads, etc.
- Invite colleagues, networks, etc. to register and attend SYNC 2021.
All applicants are required to submit a brief statement that answers the following:
- Why you need a SYNC 2021 scholarship.
- How you plan to use the information you receive from the SYNC 2021 conference.
The SYNC Scholarship Review Committee will assess each application using the following key criteria.
- Applicant’s commitment to HIV, HCV, STI and/or LGBTQ Health.
- Demonstration of need.
Individuals may only apply for one scholarship and scholarships are non-transferrable. Completion of the application is the responsibility of the applicant.
Apply for a Scholarship
Apply here for a SYNC 2021 Scholarship.APPLY NOW
Questions about SYNC 2021 Scholarships? Please contact us at [email protected]